Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
: Welcome to the official Airline Mogul forum. Please read the forum rules before posting!
: [1]

: Route numbering schemes  ( 16 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
1993matias
Airline Mogul Staff
Airline Manager
: 1985

Play to have fun!

« : February 10, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »

How do you guys use route numbers in the game? I use numbers 001-099 for intercontinental routes and 100-299 for routes from Copenhagen and so on. But the problem is, I now have 99 intercontinental routes and have run out of numbers. Where do I continue? Numbers 100 and up are taken, what is free is around 1500 and up. Any suggestions?

Airline Mogul - See my airline

Sincerely, Matias - AM Membership Officer
Train and tram photos
Active worlds:
Thunderstruck
Airline Operative
: 102

What goes up must come down

« #1 : February 14, 2019, 10:31:37 AM »

Hi Matias,

Can't really suggest anything much as I usually go with the automatically generated flight numbers. My airlines have so many routes that the pleasure of allocating a flight number to my routes is outweighed by the time it would take me to do this.

Some players use a letter such as flight # B79 etc... but this does not seem realistic to me - however it could be a possibility?

Potentially you could also re-work your numbering system altogether by removing flight numbers dedicated to intercontinental routes, and allocating each of your bases a range of numbers (flights from Copenhagen 0-150) flights from Riga (150-250) etc... ?
1993matias
Airline Mogul Staff
Airline Manager
: 1985

Play to have fun!

« #2 : February 14, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »

I made a spreadsheet the first time I used flight numbers, all with routes and numbers and hubs and ... Way too much work.

Now you can fill out a route number and by removing focus from the text box it'll tell you if it's available or not. That way it's easy to count upwards in the number blocks.

I think re-allocating IC routes to a 9000 block is my option, just like SAS in real life uses 900 numbers for IC routes.

Sincerely, Matias - AM Membership Officer
Train and tram photos
Active worlds:
: [1]

:  

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
XHTML | CSS | design by Bloc